We advise visitors to:
- to wear comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles and good traction
- to bring rain-gear such as an umbrella or rain-jacket in bad weather
- to wear a hat, sun-screen and insect repellent in the summer months
- The Crypt of Original Sin may be visited by reservation only, since access is allowed to a limited number of people.
- Reservations are guaranteed through purchase of an electronic ticket, for a selected time and day, and must be made within a minimum of 90 minutes before the start of the visit.
- The price of the ticket refers exclusively to the visit of the Crypt of Original Sin with the recorded audio-guide and not any additional services (for example, the price does not include shuttle service from Matera or from the ticket office to the Crypt, etc.)
- Visitors must be at the Meeting Point/Ticket Office of the “Azienda Agricola Dragone” (see map), 30 minutes prior to the start of the visit.
- All the required fields must be filled out when booking and purchasing electronic tickets online.
- The ticket entitles you to visit the Crypt of Original Sin for one day and for the time and the date issued. In case of cancellation or no-show, the ticket is non-refundable, even for reasons of force majeure.
- The customer will receive an e-mail that summarizes the terms of purchase after booking. To enter the Crypt, the customer must present a printed copy or show the ticket reservation number on the printed copy. In case of non-receipt of the email, or loss of the printed copy, please contact our office and request a resending of the email. Failure to present booking confirmation/ticket purchase, or the reservation number, will result in not being allowed to enter the Crypt.
- Booking and purchase of a discounted ticket and / or bonuses without possessing the necessary requirements, or the failure to present a proper I.D. that demonstrates this right, will result in termination without refund of the discounted ticket or bonuses and will require the re-purchasing of a full price ticket - if available.
- On the day of the visit, you must show up at the ticket office of the Crypt - located on the Azienda Agricola F.lli Dragone (see map) - half an hour before the scheduled visit time, and you must present either your printed receipt of ticket purchase, or the reservation number – to management personnel.
- Parking in front of the ticket is free, but not guarded. Therefore, we assume no liability for the disappearance of assets inside visitor’s cars resulting from theft.
- From the ticket office, you reach the Crypt (about 700 meters away) on foot or by car, by following the management staff at the ticket office. In any case, always wait for the instructions of staff in charge before accessing the site.
- The visit to the Crypt of Original Sin consists of a recorded audio-guide lasting about 20 minutes. Entrance is granted to groups with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 20 people, (with the possibility of adding up to 5 children or young people under the age of 18). Children must always be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Crypt access path may be accidental. Therefore, care must be taken both along the access staircase and inside the church. It is also advisable to wear suitable footwear. The visit manager does not accept any responsibility for any accidents.
- Please note: access to the Crypt may be impossible or difficult for people with certain physical disabilities or with limited mobility. This is because the crypt may only be accessed via a narrow stairway and the pavement in front of the entrance is irregular and uneven. If anyone in your party has special needs, we always recommend contacting our office well in advance to check the viability of the visit. The manager reserves the right to prevent entry to the site, in the event that the situation is deemed to be potentially dangerous to such visitors with special needs.
- All mobile phones must be switched off during the visit. Phone conversations during the visit are strictly prohibited, as they are disruptive to the other visitors. Taking photographs, video footage, or consuming food inside the Crypt, is all strictly prohibited. Animals are not allowed inside the Crypt.
- from the 1st of April to the 30th of September, Tuesday - Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 13:30 p.m. and 16:00 p.m. – 19:30 p.m.
- from the 1st of October to the 31st of March, Tuesday - Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 13.30 p.m.